Criminal traffic violations are among the most dangerous driving offenses an individual can commit in the state of Arizona.
As a result, the penalties and consequences of an Arizona criminal traffic violation can be quite serious.
Examples of criminal traffic violations include:
- Reckless Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Failing to Stop at an Accident Scene
- Racing on an Arizona Highway
- DUI (Driving under the influence of intoxicating liquor)
- DWI (Driving with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08% or more within two hours of driving)
- Extreme DWI (Driving with a BAC of 0.15% or greater within two hours of driving)
- Super Extreme DUI (Driving with a BAC of 0.20% or greater within two hours of driving)
The punishments for a criminal traffic violation range from a misdemeanor to felonies that can require lengthy amounts of jail time.
In addition to jail time, a criminal traffic violation can lead to:
- A criminal record
- Severe fines
- License suspension
- Mandatory use of an ignition interlock device
Given the severity of a criminal traffic violation, Arizona drivers who are charged with such violations should reach out to an Arizona traffic violation lawyer who protects a driver’s legal rights.
An Arizona criminal defense lawyer will review the case and evidence associated with the alleged violation before working to have your charges reduced or dismissed.