There are some terms that a drug defense attorney might use during a drug-related case that aren’t common in everyday speech. Here are some of the key words related to drug crimes:
- Controlled Substance: A substance which the use and distribution of is governed by law.
- Distribution: Selling, delivering, or providing controlled substances illegally.
- Trafficking: Illegal sale and/or distribution of a controlled substance.
- Manufacturing: Includes growing, possessing, or producing natural or chemical elements in order to make illegal controlled substances.
- Possession: Possessing a controlled substance or paraphernalia associated with drug use.
- Diversion: Allows offenders to maintain a clean criminal record by pleading guilty and then completing a prescribed substance abuse program.
If you or someone you love has been accused of a drug crime, you need the experienced representation of a drug defense attorney from Tyler Allen Law Firm. Contact us and schedule a consultation today.