DUI checkpoints are intended to discourage drunk driving. Here are some important things to keep in mind if you find yourself going through one.
- You MUST show your ID and registration.
- You MUST step out of the vehicle if you have been asked.
- You are NOT required to undergo a field sobriety test.
- You are NOT required to undergo a breath test, but refusing a blood test may lead to losing your driving privileges for one year.
- A checkpoint alone does NOT give police the right to search your vehicle.
If you are facing DUI charges, a dedicated team of DUI attorneys in Phoenix will help you achieve the best possible outcome. Tyler Allen Law Firm offers a flat rate for most cases and is ready to help. Call today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Phoenix DUI attorney!
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):