Self-defense is a common defense in assault cases. If you have been charged with assault for an act of self-defense, you will need an experienced criminal defense attorney in Phoenix, Arizona to help you argue your case. Here are some key points to a self-defense argument:
- You believed you were threatened with imminent physical harm.
- You believed that force was the only way to avoid harm.
- There was no way to escape the situation.
- Did you threaten, provoke, or antagonize the other person?
- The force you used was reasonable within the situation.
- The threat you felt was reasonable.
For more information on the justification of self-defense in Arizona, refer to A.R.S. 13-404.
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):