Self-defense is a common defense in assault cases. If you have been charged with assault for an act of self-defense, you will need an experienced criminal defense attorney in Phoenix, Arizona to help you argue your case.
Here are some key points to a self-defense argument:
- You believed you were threatened with imminent physical harm.
- You believed that force was the only way to avoid harm.
- There was no way to escape the situation.
- Did you threaten, provoke, or antagonize the other person?
- The force you used was reasonable within the situation.
- The threat you felt was reasonable.
For more information on the justification of self-defense in Arizona, refer to A.R.S. 13-404.
If you have been charged with assault, speak to one of the criminal defense attorneys at Tyler Allen Law Firm and we will be glad to help.
Visit our Contact Page or call us today at (602)456-0545
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):